Mar 25, 2012
Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce is one of America’s favorite BBQ sauces, and for good reason. It’s sweet, tangy and can be bought for a fair price at most super markets. Of course, the real recipe is secret, so this recipe is a clone, and should produce good results.
Sweet Baby Ray may not be good enough for those that are adventurous at heart, but pull it out at a family gathering and I’m sure you will make someone very happy.
- 1/3 c tomato paste
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp chipole hot sauce (mexgrocer.com)
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 tsp dried mustard pwd
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4~1/2 tsp of gravy master or kitchen bouquet to darken the sauce
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a non-reactive sauce pan and simmer for 20~30min. Let cool and into your fridge for at least a day.
- Mix all the ingredients together and store in an air tight container until needed.
- **If you are going to use this on ribs, chicken, pork, etc. try seasoning the meat with the actual dry rub before cooking then slather on the sauce.
This recipe was original found at Just A Pinch Recipe Club. Please report back how this clone of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce turned out for you.